Sunday, July 17, 2011

First half of the sumer...GONE ALREADY!

Summer is flying by and I haven't had much of a chance to update this in the last month or so.  We have been busy enjoying life and enjoying the nice warm weather!  I won't comment much, but upload some pics of what we've been up to the last six weeks or so. 

We went on a wine tasting out on Prior Lake one evening in June, and ended up having an impromptu little boat cruise of our own.  I didn't know if any of these pictures ever turned out until I uploaded them tonight and I had to share!  It was one of those nights that you don't have any expectations for and then turns out to be one of the best ever!!

Jen and Mark dancing and singing to Margaritaville!!

Mark doing his famous, and terrible, dance move!!  This is probably only funny to me, and a handful of others, but my brother is just the worst dancer ever, and this is his classic move!

Jen, Heather and Jeff.  Poor Heather looks so tired!!

We also spent a weekend up north with our good friends Scott and Megan, at their family cabin.  It was a beautiful weekend and we had fun playing by the lake and relaxing.

Dixie and I cuddling.

Dano eating breakfast with Dixie.

Dixie and Lucy looking cute...and actually getting along!!

Scott and Dixie

Our wonderful friends and weekend hosts, Scott, Megan and Lucy.

On the way home, we found these sweet skis that someone was trying to get rid of for free! 
We can't wait to teach all the nieces and nephews how to ski!!

The construction progress continues on the house.  Here are some pics of the work of the excavating crew.  It's nice to see the progress that is getting made.




The foundation is in!!
And the framing has been started!



This 4th of July was one of the best ever.  Maybe it was because it was one of the most beautiful weekends of the summer...but maybe because we had such a great time with our wonderful friends!  Sadly, the only pictures I have of the entire weekend were of me and Dixie being lazy on the lake.

We were working on our tan and snuggling in the sun!

The weekend of July 8th I went to Las Vegas with some friends for my bachelorette party.  It was seriously the BEST WEEKEND EVER and definately deserves a post of it's own!  Dano had plenty of people come over to keep him company so he wasn't too lonely without me.  :)

Mark and my dad brought the kiddos over.  Jen was with me in Vegas, so they were looking for some fun to keep them occupied while Mom was gone.

My niece and nephew are just the biggest cuties ever!!  LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!

Parker looks like he's having fun!!

But, I think Lily is wishing she was on the tube with Mommy!!!

Enjoying a beer with Grandpa after the wild tubing ride!!

The next day some of Dano's buddies came over for a guys weekend of surfing.

Dano and Greg.  I love this pic of these two!!

Dano getting ready to surf and show the guys how it's done!

Dano surfing and maybe somebody attempting to moon the camera!!  LOL!! 
I just noticed that when I looked at the picture in more detail!

The guys enjoying their dinner.

The group shot!

On Saturday July 16th, Dano and I went to the 2nd Annual Lakefront Blues and Jazzfest.  The festival is in Lakefront Park, just a quick ten minute walk away, so we headed up there.  Despite the heat, there was a great turnout to see Buddy Guy!


Buddy Guy

And we ended up weekend, the best way possible, enjoying the lake!  Scott and Megan came over for some surfing, and everyone did an awesome job!  The water felt so good since it was such a hot day.  Even Dixie couldn't help but jump in for a swim to cool down every now and then.

Scotties first time up!!  YEAH!!!

This is my favorite...look at that determination!!!

Happy Dano!

Dixie telling us that it's time to go home already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment