Friday, May 20, 2011

Truk - Day 4

This was a full day of diving, and we ended up doing four dives this day, including a night dive!!

Our first dive was on the Kansho Maru, and again I was diving with Mike so I didn't bring my camera along.  I didn't really like this dive, because there was a fairly lengthy penetration that I choose not to do, and I felt like a loser.  Anyway, there was some cool sealife on the ship to check out.  The second dive of the day was on the Sankisan Maru which was a SUPER cool dive!  This dive had a lot of coral and fish and was really pretty.  There were also some really large cargoholds to swim inside of and there were bullets and guns everywhere.  It was neat to see all that.

Our third dive of the day was on a patrol boat named the Suzuki.  It was a pretty small boat, and because Dan and I were doing the night dive they told us we could only dive for 20 minutes.  We totally thought that was BS, however, when we got down to the boat there wasn't really much to look at.  We swam around the boat a few times and took lots of pics, but there was really not much to it.  But there was A LOT of the BEAUTIFUL PINK and PURPLE CORAL that I love!

Dan was sticking his head down into the engine room, debating whether or not he wanted to follow the divemaster in.  He decided not to go in.









We did see a lot of pipefish all over this ship.  There are two in this picture and a cool looking fish, which I think might be a box fish or something.

Our fourth dive of the day was a night dive on the Fujikawa Maru.  This was the second time we had done this dive, and I loved it the first time so I was excited to see it at night.  We headed out to the dive site around 5:30 or so and got in the water as soon as it got dark, a little after 6 or so.

During the night, the soft corals come out to feed, and they look so beautiful!  It was pitch dark though, and without a flash lights we couldn't see anything.  And, if I didn't have the strobe lined up just right on whatever I wanted to take a picture of nothing turned out.  It was really cool.  I took a lot of pictures of the coral.



Sake, of course!

My favorite pretties!

A crab.

This is a picture of a scorpian fish, which is what Dan was stung by on our last night in Palau.  Dan got his revenge though, and flipped him off!  We all laughed underwater!


It was a great night dive!  My first one ever on a shipwreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment