Monday, April 11, 2011

Palau Day 4

This day we did three dives again.  We started off again at Ulong Channel, then went to Siaes Tunnel and ended with a nice easy dive over a coral garden, which the divemaster named Steve's Coral Garden in honor of himself.  :)

I'm not really sure which site these pictures came from, but it was another day of good diving.  Siaes Tunnel was really cool.  It was this super large tunnel that you swim through for about 50 feet at around 110 feet deep, and then you slowly ascend along a beautiful wall.  Dan took some of these pictures, and he has a video of me that I will post.  I get a kick out of seeing what I look like underwater.

These are my favorite soft corals.  I think they are just so beautiful.




Great shot!  He was posing for us!

I think this is called a Crown of Thorns.  They eat coral.







On the way back to the dive shop we drove by this massive yacht.  We circled around to get a closer look.  It was huge, with two speed boats on the front and a helicopter on the back.  Dan later found out that an American couple owns it, and it is their permanent home.  They just happened to be off-boat for a 2 week vacation or something, so it was just settled in the bay outside of Sam's.


No comments:

Post a Comment