Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring is Here!

I think Spring has officially arrived!  I hope so anyway...  Today was Easter, and such a wonderful day to be alive for many reasons! 

Dan and I started out by celebrating this wonderful day with a tasty brunch with my mom, Mark and Jen (my bro and sis-in-law), and of course, with two of the cutest little dudes ever, Parker and Lily! 


We ate good food and we talked about what the Easter bunny had brought to P&L, the wedding, and of course, when Dan would be putting the boat in the water!!  If it stayed nice, we were hoping today would be the day for that!  So, we were all so excited when we left and the sun was shining and the air was warm.

So, Dan and I quickly rushed home to see Dixie and "My Baby."



"My Baby" is the name of our boat.  And, as much as we love it and have fun on it, we did not name it that!!!  We bought it about 3 years ago and that was it's given name by it's previous owners.  Dan is a little superstitious when it comes to renaming boats, and so, it's just stuck.  

Anyway, it's been a long winter, so we've been itching to get the boat into the water and start playing around.  We uncovered it a few weeks ago, when the weather was really nice.  We were really anxious to see how it held up this winter, because during one of the first really heavy snow storms in November a tree broke and fell on My Baby. 




Although the tree did tear a hole in the tarp, and in the boat cover under the tarp, My Baby didn't have a scratch on her!!  We were so lucky. 



So, Dan and a few of the neighbors finished putting in the docks and lifts down by the beach, and then they drove the boat over to the landing.


It's been awhile since I've seen such a big smile on his face!!!!



Even though it was chilly we went for a little sunset cruise.  We were covered in blankets and had the heaters roasting away, but it was lovely!




What a perfect end to a beautiful day...and a dreadfully long winter.  Hope your Easter was filled with blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment